I am a licensed School Psychologist and Licensed Master Level Social Work (currently under clinical supervision, which helps guide my work). My specialty is working with infants & toddlers, children, youth, adults and families who are experiencing difficulties due to attachment related trauma and children who have difficulties with self-regulation.
- Education Specialist in School Psychology-Wichita State University, 2007
- Master of Social Work, Clinical Track-University of Oklahoma, 1998
- Master of Education in Educational Psychology-Wichita State University, 1997
- Bachelor of Social Work-Wichita State University, 1992
I have over twenty-five years of experience working with children and families and experience working in the field of adoption, including domestic infant adoption, international adoption, and adoption through foster care.
I hold additional training or certificates in the following:
- TIPS-MAPP (Foster/Adopt Preparation)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Within Our Reach (Marriage)
- Certified Youth Mental Health
- Functional Behavior Assessment and Intervention
- Certified Play Therapist
- Theraplay® Level 1
- Trainer of Sunshine Circles (via Theraplay®)
- Trust Based Relational Intervention® (TBRI®) Practitioner
With over 25 years’ experience in the areas of adoption, family services, military families, inpatient and outpatient mental health, and the education setting, I have a unique understanding of the needs of children and families.